Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Old Westbury's Online M.S. in Accounting is designed for those with an undergraduate accounting degree, which typically includes advanced accounting coursework, Commercial Law, Business Statistics, Calculus, Financial Management, finance, economics, business communications, and business electives, as well as 60 credits in liberal arts courses.
The M.S. in Accounting, including specified prerequisites, is recognized and registered by the New York State Education Department as satisfying the 150-credit hour requirement for licensure as a CPA in New York State, and qualifies students for a one-year work experience requirement relating to CPA licensure.
Students who may not have a background in accounting but desire an opportunity to broaden their capabilities and specialize in this area are afforded the option of doing so. These students would be required to include additional preparatory work in their program and would do that under the guidance of the Assistant Dean and Director of the program. Note that these additional courses may or may not be available online.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW