Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
If your goal is to become a certified teacher in Grades 1-6, you will be interested in the Liberal Arts & Sciences: Childhood Education (Teacher Education Transfer) Associate in Arts degree program. This program prepares students for transfer to a four-year SUNY institution to pursue initial NYS certification in Childhood Education (Grades 1- 6). With careful advisement, students may complete SUNY General Education requirements and 12 credits of a major concentration required by four-year teaching degree institutions. Students should consult a Teacher Education advisor to select a major concentration that will transfer to the four-year institution of the student’s choice. This program also provides thirty clock hours of guided field observation, and six credit hours of Professional Preparation courses.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW