Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Social Media and Digital Communication A.S. degree offers students a program designed to meet their transfer needs into various communication programs. Students will work closely with Communication faculty and advisors, and have opportunities to strategize, assess, and create online communication and social media content in Onondaga Community College's Digital Newsroom, for their own brand, or for an outside organization. This degree allows students to take a holistic approach to their social media by engaging with their viewers, considering a brand strategy, developing their speaking skills, and incorporating video production into their skillset. Each of these courses will help students develop the necessary skills to tell creative online stories that will connect with their target audiences.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW