Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The mission of the Computer Science A.S. program is to provide a rigorous and comprehensive foundation in computer science as well as a solid liberal arts curriculum, in accordance with the principles of the Schenectady County Community Collegeâ€™s mission. The computer science curriculum is designed primarily for the student who anticipates transfer to a four-year institution to complete a baccalaureate in computer science or software engineering.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now