Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Criminal Justice A.S. degree prepares students for transfer into related programs at a four-year college or university.
This degree provides introductory level instruction in the six course areas designated by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences needed for program accreditation including:
- Administration of Justice;
- Criminological Theory;
- Law Adjudication;
- Law Enforcement; and
- Research and Analytic Methods.
The Criminal Justice A.S. degree objectives enable graduating students to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contemporary criminal justice system and the administration of justice
- Explain the history, theory, practice, legal environment, development, and philosophy of corrections
- Identify the nature and causes of crime, typologies, offenders, and victims within the framework of criminological theory
- Review law adjudication through study of criminal law, criminal procedures, prosecution, defense, court procedures, and judicial decision-making, and
- Analyze the history, theory, practice, legal environment, organization, and subcultures of law enforcement.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW