Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Emergency Management Associate of Applied Science degree prepares students for careers or transfer into a bachelor degree program related to Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Organizational Communication, Political Science, or Public Administration. This degree provides introductory level instruction in the organizational and institutional aspects of Emergency Management stakeholders. This degree has five parts: Part A of the Emergency Management A.A.S. focuses on organizational and institutional aspects of the primary Emergency Management stakeholders Part B of the Emergency Management A.A.S. degree includes core courses that address issues linked specifically to Homeland Security. Part C of Emergency Management A.A.S. degree offers students a selection of elective courses for greater depth of understanding in one or more aspects of Emergency Management. Part D of the Emergency Management A.A.S. degree includes SUNY General Education Part E of the Emergency Management A.A.S. degree features General Elective courses
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now