Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Entrepreneurship Certificate is designed for students interested in launching their own business ventures or working in start-up companies. Graduates will have knowledge to develop a business plan that integrates information and skills essential to ethical business operations and functions. The program is designed to fit into one year and covers accounting, management, business plan development, sales/service, marketing and human resource management.In addition to the certificate program, SCCC offers an annual Speed Pitch competition in partnership with the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce. Students submit business plans which are judged by a panel of Capital Region experts in business, marketing, public relations and entrepreneurship. The winner receives five hours of business coaching through the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber. Business ideas have included a Puerto Rican Spice Blend, a specialty bakery in the Adirondacks, a boutique consignment shop and a bookkeeping service.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now