Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services A.S. degree from SUNY Schenectady program prepares students for academic success in baccalaureate transfer programs in social work, human services, and related professional fields. This program is based on best practices of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
The Human Services program emphasizes the acquisition of knowledge from social science disciplines, development of cores social work theory and skills, ethical conduct, and preparation for future professional careers. The program enables graduates to:
- integrate knowledge from liberal arts disciplines with practical skills;
- demonstrate oral and written communication skills;
- develop a commitment to ethical practice; and
- recognize diversity.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW