Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Sciences A.A. degree program from SUNY Schenectady prepares students for academic success in baccalaureate transfer programs in liberal arts disciplines.
By offering students courses that reflect a diverse set of global and cultural perspectives, the program expects students to explore and reflect on human endeavors in the context of nature and society.
The Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Sciences program enables graduates to:
- develop proficiency in written and oral communication;
- examine ideas and issues from multiple perspectives; and
- develop analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW