Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The advanced graduate certificate program in Aging Studies from SUNY Brockport provides a foundation of interprofessional education. Students seeking a specialization in aging and for those currently working with older adults who want to enhance their knowledge and experience with additional academic credentials should consider this advanced graduate certificate.
Upon completion of the certificate, students will:
- Gain awareness of the biological, psychological and sociological foundations of aging in the United States.
- Demonstrate an understanding of public policy and its impact on health and aging.
- Develop an understanding of the existing service delivery system for older adults and will identify approaches to improving services.
- Identify ways to assist older adults, families, and organizations to achieve a successful response to aging.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW