Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Designed for individuals who wish to add the Bilingual Teacher Extension but do not wish to complete a master's degree. SUNY Brockport’s program meets the academic requirements for adding the Bilingual Teacher Extension-Initial to an existing initial or professional New York State teaching certification except for those certified in a foreign language or ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages). Proficiency in a language other than English is required. This program allows you to gain the knowledge, techniques, and skills that you will need to teach in different types of bilingual programs through coursework and field experiences.
Have questions? Please contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW