Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Advanced Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at SUNY Brockport leads to certification in the following area: English to Speakers of Other Languages, PK-12, Initial.
Designed for individuals who have already earned a master's degree and hold initial or professional-level NYS teacher certification (B-2, 1-6, or 7-12) seeking to become certified in ESOL for the first time.
This program is offered 100% online. Candidates may also transfer up to 12.0 credits completed with grades of B (3.0) or higher from other accredited institutions, identified by and in consultation with their advisor and subject to approval by the department.
Have questions? Please contact the department at email@example.com.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW