Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The M.S. Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at the College at Brockport leads to a masterâ€™s degree and certification in the following area: English to Speakers of Other Languages, PK-12, Initial/Professional. The program is designed for individuals who hold (or will soon hold) an initial-level NYS teaching certificate in any grade level or content area, and who have previously completed at least 12 credits of a language other than English at the college level. This program may be completed entirely online or through a mix of online and in-person coursework, as candidates prefer. Candidates may also transfer up to 12.0 credits completed with grades of B (3.0) or higher from other accredited institutions, identified by and in consultation with their advisor and subject to approval by the department. Have questions? The departmental contact for all questions about their program is Frank Rossi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now