Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The online MA History program from SUNY Cortland is for anyone who translates history to a wider audience, social studies teachers seeking a master's degree, or anyone who is fascinated with the why of everyday events and the human motives behind them. Relevant class topics include a required course devoted to the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL), which dives deep into how people learn history. This crucial focus also serves those who work in educational roles in museums, archives or other settings.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW