Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The CAS provides post-Master's study which, when combined with SUNY Oneonta Master of Science in Education degree (School Counselor), satisfies the 60 s.h. academic requirement (Master's degree + CAS or related course work) of New York State for Permanent Certification in School Counseling. Two full years of professional experience as a school counselor are also required for permanent certification by New York State. This program can be completed through part-time study. The College allows a maximum of six calendar years to complete all requirements for the program. Since the NYS Provisional Certificate is valid for five years, students are encouraged to complete their CAS within this time period. National Counselor's Exam: Courses offered in the CAS program (school counselor) may be used to fulfill part of the eligibility requirements for the National Counselor's Exam.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now