- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Bachelor of Arts
- Contact Us
Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This online transfer completion program in Broadcasting and Mass Communications from SUNY Oswego is for individuals who have earned an associates degree in a closely related discipline (such as electronic media communications, media production or radio and television broadcasting) and seek to complete their bachelors degree. Candidates need to complete their production coursework requirements prior to entering this program.
This major is designed to provide students with an understanding of the mass media industries, including radio, television, cable, film, the Internet, multimedia and mobile platforms. Learn about the creation and production of media, the interrelated nature of media industries and the skills necessary to write, produce and distribute media messages. Explore a variety of areas including audio and video production, broadcast journalism, copywriting and media management.
Graduates of our online broadcasting degree can go on to a variety of careers in the media field, that include traditional or electronic broadcasting, advertising, business, corporate communication, public relations, journalism or technology fields.
SUNY Oswego's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW