Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The 100% Online Master of Science (M.S.) in Fitness and Wellness Leadership is for those students interested in starting a career as a fitness professional in the emerging fitness, health, and wellness industry and those who are already actively involved in the industry interested in career advancement and advanced training. Our coursework integrates exercise science (biomechanics, physiology, exercise program design), resistance/strength training, certification preparation, and fitness management/business concepts (accounting, marketing, and management) â€” synthesized into a logical, progressive learning sequence.
The program combines a theoretical framework with training skills that are necessary to prepare you for national certification testing exams for ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Senior Fitness Association-Senior Fitness Instructor (SFI) and others.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now