Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The post-master's Advanced Certificate in Educational Leadership Program (EDL) prepares K-12 educators for advancement to positions at both the district (SDL) and building (SBL) levels.
Such positions include superintendent of schools, district superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, assistant principal, department chairperson, or athletic director. As of Fall 2007, this is the first program of its kind in New York State that serves as a pathway for certification at both the district and building levels.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW