Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies from Stony Brook University is an interdisciplinary degree program that is uniquely designed to meet students' personal and professional needs.
The curriculum offers a solid foundation of core professional skills and allows students to design a curriculum from courses selected from a broad range of academic disciplines. Graduates emerge with a broad intellectual perspective and enhanced analytical and communication skills that are highly transferable to a number of professional contexts. Our diverse alumni include teachers, environmental consultants, non-profit and educational administrators, teachers utilizing technology, advertising executives, athletic coaches, human resource managers, attorneys and writers, among others.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW