Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Stony Brook University's Teaching and Learning with Technology Advanced Certificate is for current teachers. Teachers can learn how to effectively use computer applications with their classes, develop technology-based projects, create websites, get started with podcasting, integrate Zoom and distance learning platforms, understand video- and photo- editing, and utilize Google tools and multimedia software for project design. Teachers will also gain experience using peripheral devices like interactive white boards, student response systems, digital cameras, tablets, and technological tools. Emphasis is on empowering all learners and digital wellness, in addition to design thinking and Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM).
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW