Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
As the healthcare industry continues to grow, the need for qualified medical billing and coding specialists increases as well. The Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Program prepares graduates with the technical skills needed to have a successful career in medical billing and coding in a variety of healthcare settings, including physician offices, hospitals, insurance companies, medical billing service departments and other health related facilities. Students are introduced to the basic principles of healthcare information management, the legal aspects of healthcare, medical terminology, medical billing and reimbursement, and international medical coding systems, such as, the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) for diagnosis and procedure coding and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
Upon completion of the Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Program, students will be prepared to enter the field of medical billing and coding and be prepared to take certification exam.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW