Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This curriculum is designed for people who are now working or wish to work with young children. Graduates will be qualified for positions as directors, head teachers or assistants in day care centers, nursery schools and Head Start programs. Graduates are also qualified to be assistants in public and private pre-kindergartens, kindergartens, elementary schools and special education classes. Students who wish to transfer to a four-year college to pursue their New York State teacher certification should pursue the A.S. in Early Childhood. Students are responsible for checking with transfer institutions of their choice to assure the most successful transfer. Classroom instruction is supplemented by observations and practicums in programs serving young children. The Early Childhood program offers both day and evening courses. Students should check both day and evening schedules at each campus for courses offered each semester. Students must achieve a minimum grade of C in each major course in order to continue in the program and to qualify for graduation. Students will be permitted to repeat a course only once.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW