Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This Liberal Arts & Sciences - General Studies AA curriculum at Suffolk Community College is designed for students seeking a liberal arts education which will develop their intellect, enhance their self-expression, contribute to a sense of self-fulfillment, and provide an understanding of our common cultural heritage.
The program focuses on a central core of learning experiences in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and mathematics and constitutes an ideal foundation and preparation for those students who plan to continue their studies toward a baccalaureate degree at a four-year college or university. At the same time, it also offers sufficient flexibility and opportunity for exploration to serve the needs of those students who are undecided about their career goals and who wish to explore diverse fields of interest.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW