- Delivery Mode
- 75% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Arts
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This Liberal Arts & Sciences: Women & Gender Studies AA from Suffolk County Community College is designed for students interested in learning about the various aspects of sex and gender, gender roles, and gender identity; the achievements of women in the past and present; the history of the Women's Movement; and the representations of women and men as conveyed in language, the arts, philosophy, religion, and science.
The program responds to the needs of women in the twenty-first century and places special emphasis on the ideas that encompass our society's rapidly changing expectations for women and men, nationally and globally. Drawing on a rich body of critical scholarship and cultural texts from diverse academic areas as well as student's personal experiences, the program addresses issues and questions often overlooked in other disciplines.
In addition to providing a general education, the program offers a set of analytical tools which will serve as a valuable stepping stone for a variety of four-year degrees including a degree in Women's Studies and Historical Studies, and which will assist students in embarking on a wide range of careers, such as, law, law enforcement, social work, psychology, medical fields, education, communications, journalism, or business.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW