Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The associate in applied science degree in Green Building Maintenance and Management from SUNY Sullivan provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively manage buildings that incorporate sustainable building principles and technologies.
All aspects of sustainable building operations are included in the program, including ecological design and maintenance principles; energy efficiency and renewable energy; green building products and materials; building automation and controls; sustainable landscaping and site selection; the LEED building assessment system; and life-cycle economic analysis. In addition to learning the most current theories, students acquire hands-on training related to energy management, photovoltaic arrays, wind turbines, geothermal HVAC systems, and other components of high-performance commercial buildings. Potential career options include green building project coordinator, facility manager, or sustainability consultant. This degree also complements further studies related to natural building, sustainable community development, building performance, HVAC operations and maintenance, and renewable energy installation and maintenance.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW