Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The MPS in Environmental Leadership, Justice, and Communication is a 30 credit-hour experience focused on developing analytical capacities and problem-solving skills for environmental professionals, community leaders, decision makers, and advocates. The MPS is fully online and is designed to be accessible to working professionals and other non-traditional students.
The curriculum can be completed in as short as one year or over a longer period of time, depending on how many courses a student takes per semester. To earn the MPS, students complete three stand-alone advanced graduate certificates, each composed of three 3-credit courses: in Environmental Leadership (9 credits); Environmental Justice & Inequality (9 credits), and Science and Environmental Communication & Public Relations (9 credits). In their final semester, students participate in a 3-credit applied capstone project oriented towards their professional and/or civic objectives.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW