Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The AS in Physical Education Studies is designed to prepare students for transfer into a baccalaureate program. The program will provide students with the ability to become effective communicators and leaders in teaching or coaching environments.Through a combination of activity and physical education anatomy/physiology coursework. students will be able (1) apply scholarship and practice of different movement forms of enhance movement competence, (2) apply theoretical and scientific knowledge to areas of personal fitness, healthy lifestyles, sport or therapeutic rehabilitation, (3) effectively communicate essential theories and ethical considerations of physical education and (4) demonstrate athletic proficiency in a variety of applications. This degree will support transfer to a variety of baccalaureate institutions for future employment in the areas of physical education, health education, fitness instruction, coaching and sports science.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW