Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Teaching Assistant program has been designed to meet the training levels for Teaching Assistants in New York State as proposed by the State Education Department. Teaching assistants work in public school settings helping the classroom teacher to accomplish daily tasks. They provide direct instructional services to the students under the supervision of a licensed teacher. The teaching assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the teacher better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. This program will also transfer into SUNY Adirondack's A.A. or A.S. programs. After completing the A.A. or A.S. degree, students may choose to pursue a bachelor's degree in education at a four-year college or university.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW