- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Master of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
A fully online master’s in community health.
The public health field needs well-prepared difference-makers now more than ever. No matter your undergraduate training, our fully online master’s in community health provides advanced training for many health-related careers.
SUNY Cortland has long been considered a leader in health and wellness in large part because of the strong reputation of its academic programs. Informed by national standards, the community health master’s program emphasizes research, assessment and evaluation skills as well as applied epidemiology and best practices in community health education. You’ll partner with professional colleagues, community agencies and dedicated professors who double as experts in the discipline.
With your master’s degree, you can work in local health departments, healthcare facilities, voluntary health organizations or human service agencies — advancing your career in a wide range of settings that promote personal or community health.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW