- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Master of Science in Teaching
- Contact Us
Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
An online master’s in childhood education in one full year
Qualified graduate students who want to become teachers and earn certification in grades 1 through 6 can complete SUNY Cortland’s marketable M.S.T. online in just one year of accelerated, full-time study. This program is intended for students with a bachelor’s degree in a discipline outside of education.
Fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the university’s preparation offers school-based field experiences, two quarters of full-time student teaching, potential local residency partnerships and a strong alumni network.
In addition to fulfilling the requirements for New York state certification, candidates will complete a minimum of two eight-week, full-time student-teaching assignments at two levels and a culminating research project that includes careful data collection, analysis and instructional decision-making to maximize all students' learning in elementary classrooms.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW