- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Advanced Certificate
- Contact Us
Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Earn your School Building Leader advanced certificate online
Put theory into practice and lead improvement in education. SUNY Cortland’s Educational Leadership Program prepares educators to be advocates for social justice and equity and ultimately make a district-wide impact.
This fully online certificate of advanced study (C.A.S.) program welcomes educational leaders with a master’s degree and teaching certification in New York state. The curriculum is practitioner-oriented, with real-world, project-based assignments relevant to K-12 settings. You’ll explore key topics in finance, curriculum, special programs and organization. You’ll also investigate key legal issues and learn about strategic supervision and leadership.
With completion of the School Building Leader C.A.S. program, you’re prepared for any building administrator position, including principal or assistant principal.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW