Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This 15-credit online Postbaccalaureate Advanced Certificate in Health Informatics will provide the education and training necessary to develop competencies and skills suitable to be part of the HIT workforce.
The curriculum consists of four core courses and an elective course that are part of the Master of Sciences in Health Informatics (MSHI) degree program which are transferable toward the completion of the MSHI degree.
Upon successful completion of the Postbaccalaureate Certificate program, students will have an opportunity to apply and complete the MSHI degree by completing an additional 24 credit hours.
This Certificate Program is offered completely online in an asynchronous format with some optional weekly live sessions (evening only) to interact with course instructors and students which will be recorded and made accessible to enrolled students.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW