Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The School of Education offers students holding a baccalaureate degree an opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Teaching degree in Childhood Education (1-6) and Early Childhood Education (B-2) leading to NYS initial/professional certification.
The program includes instruction in educational studies, developmentally appropriate practices, content pedagogy, research, and one semester of full-time student teaching. It can be completed in four semesters. Professional certification requires three years of successful teaching experience at the B-2/1-6 grade level.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW