Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Science in Accountancy degree from SUNY Poly is a 33-credit hour program consisting of 11 courses that allow students to pursue their professional interests. This online program accommodates both full-time and part-time students.
The Master of Science in Accountancy program is registered to satisfy the 150-hour licensure requirement for New York State CPA license and developed in response to two demands. The first was the increasing number of accountants who held undergraduate degrees in accounting and wanted to continue developing in a wide range of professional accounting careers. These careers included public accounting, corporate accounting, not-for-profit accounting and government accounting. Additionally, in view of the 150 credit hour education requirement established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) starting in the year 2000, the program was developed to qualify students to sit for professional accounting examinations that lead to credentials such as the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) designations.
The program is primarily intended for students who have the equivalent of an undergraduate degree in accounting. Students who may not have a background in accounting but desire an opportunity to broaden their capabilities and specialize in this area are afforded the option of doing so. These students would be required to include additional preparatory work in their program and would do that under the guidance of the program coordinator.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW