Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Science in Information Design and Technology [IDT] offers an interdisciplinary examination of the role of new and emerging media within contemporary culture and communication, while allowing students to develop a specific area of research to suit their unique academic and professional goals. Through theory, practice, and individual research students examine the complex relationship between diverse types of information and the technologies that are used to work with and communicate that information. Offering historical perspective alongside technical instruction, the IDT program places particular emphasis on the social impact and potential of new communication technologies. The skills and knowledge taught in the IDT program are interdisciplinary and can be adapted to many fields and careers. The following are examples of the types of work graduates of the IDT program can do: Instructional Media/Educational Technology Web Development & Design Professional Communication Social Media Strategist Teaching*/Training using Information Technology Information Designerfor a wide variety of fields Internet Researcher Web Archivist Digital Strategist Public Relations College Admissions Digital Exhibitions and Publications Information Help Desk Blog/Wiki Specialist *K-12 teachers with provisional certification as technology and educational technology specialists have used the degree for permanent certification, although those working in this area should check with NYSED and their local BOCES Regional Certification Office for current requirements. The program encourages current professionals seeking educational advancement to come together, work collaboratively, and participate in the continuing growth of new information and communication practices.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now