Earn your doctorate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The SUNY Poly Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is post-baccalaureate nursing program degree with a specialization in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). It is built upon the generalist foundation of baccalaureate nursing education or the generalist masterâ€™s degree in nursing. The DNP program prepares nurses at the highest level for specialized practice as advanced practice nurses.
- What's a doctorate degree?
- A doctorate degree usually takes four or more years to complete, unless you already have a master's degree. Doctorate degrees are very specific to a particular area of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now