Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Educational Technology Specialist, M.S.Ed. is a fully online 30 credit-hour program that prepares students to be leaders in K-12 schools. Throughout the course of their studies students will hone their interpersonal and technology skills and work collaboratively with K-12 faculty and staff to create and manage highly engaging learning environments. For students holding an initial teaching certification, this degree leads to recommendation for an additional New York certification as an Educational Technology Specialist, and satisfies the academic requirements for Professional Certification. The program meets the standards established by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and is CAEP certified.
A New York State teaching certificate is required to be admitted into the Educational Technology Specialist program. If you are not certified, the easiest option is to enroll in the Instructional Design and Educational Technology program, as it does not require a teacher certificate.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW