Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Qualified specialists are in demand as we learn more about the frequency and severity of alcoholism and other substance abuse. The chemical dependency counseling degree prepares you as a professional in the addictions treatment field for practice experiences in therapeutic communities, rehabilitation centers, outpatient programs, correctional facilities, hospitals, and related organizations. Specialized courses in counseling are combined with courses in the humanities, social sciences, math, and science. The program also provides required continuing education and clock hours for those already working in the field. A new 350 clock hour certificate program in Chemical Dependency Counseling is available at TC3. It is intended for individuals who are: a) seeking a 350 clock hour certificate to meet New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) credentialing requirements; b) seeking to enhance their current employment or academic experience with concentrated study in a specialized career field; c) seeking to complete their certificate program requirements partially or entirely online. In addition, the certificate provides an alternative educational opportunity for those pursuing direct access to the addictions employment field upon program completion. Besides the 350 clock hours of education/training, students must also complete 1 3 years of specific work experience in the chemical dependency field to meet eligibility requirements for the NYS OASAS credentialing examination.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now