Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Hotel and Restaurant Management AAS from Tompkins Cortland Community College is designed to meet the demand for well-trained managers in the hospitality field. Intense growth is expected to continue in this fast-paced people industry. In the past five years the region has welcomed eight new hotels. Additionally, construction for new lodging, dining, and entertainment establishments is taking place now.
Interesting food and beverage operations have always been a hallmark of the Ithaca and Finger Lakes area, while institutional food and environmental service operations provide stable careers with the region's colleges and health services industries. The hotel and restaurant management degree prepares students for supervisory positions in hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality-related organizations. TC3 is proud to have alumni and students in many hospitality operations locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Over its 35-year history, the program has trained some of the area's best entrepreneurs and managers. Some successful alumni are in management positions with The Waldorf-Astoria, Hyatt, Darden Restaurants, and The Cherokee Country Club of Atlanta (one of the premier private clubs in the U.S).
The program includes an internship for on-the-job training at hotels, convention and visitors bureaus, restaurants, wineries, meeting planners, and institutional dining operations. Course requirements for a degree in hotel and restaurant management may be completed in class or online. Program faculty offer a variety of in class, experiential field study, and online coursework to assure participants of solid general education.
There are also opportunities for study abroad. In addition, certification programs for Food and Alcohol service from National Restaurant Association's SERVSAFE are available through TC3.biz
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW