- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Advanced Certificate
- Contact Us
Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Advanced Certificate in Computer Education (CCE) from the University at Albany is designed to address the needs of teachers who seek to deliver effective and engaging curricula in computer science and/or introduce the new literacy of computational thinking to K-12 students.
The CCE program provides teachers the knowledge, skills and competencies to teach introductory computer science courses such as Exploring Computer Science and Computer Science Principles. The program will also help teachers to develop their own developmentally appropriate curricula in computing for students in K-s settings. This Certificate of Graduate Study provides a competitive advantage for teachers with interests in the rapidly growing area of computer science and information technology.
All courses in the CCE program are also applicable to the Master's Degree in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW