Earn your doctorate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program is identical to the ETAP PhD program except for its mode of delivery. All required courses are the same and milestones are the same. The program is designed to educate researchers in education, in the field of curriculum and instruction in particular. The Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction offers a broad and intensive investigation of issues in educational theory and practice. See https://www.albany.edu/etap/doctor-of-philosophy.php for a detailed explanation of offerings. Distance students will attend courses synchronously via Kubi robots and Zoom as well as asynchronously via fully online courses offered on Blackboard.
- What's a doctorate degree?
- A doctorate degree usually takes four or more years to complete, unless you already have a master's degree. Doctorate degrees are very specific to a particular area of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now