Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Science Information Science School Library is a 36-credit online program, registered by the State Education Department and accredited by the American Library Association. The Information Science School Library program leads to initial teaching certification as a library media specialist or to professional certification if candidates are initially certified. The curriculum is grounded in current educational theory and learning sciences. Students learn how to create authentic, relevant, equitable, and safe learning environments for 21st-century learners (students, teachers, administrators and community members), preparing them to sift, sort, select, use, and assess information. These are critical core capabilities for all members of todayâ€™s society.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now