Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The graduate-level Certificate in Public Health Fundamentals and Principles is aimed at preparing students for the continuously changing challenges in public health. It is designed to give students a first look at public health and/or to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the field. The flexible, part-time program is structured to accommodate working professionals and leverages the University at Albany School of Public Health's strong collaboration with the New York State Department of Health and local health departments. All coursework successfully completed as part of the certificate program may be applied to the University at Albany's fully-online MPH program.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now