Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This online master's degree in Public Health from the University at Albany provides an exciting opportunity for working professionals and others interested in the field to obtain a master's degree in public health. The flexible, accredited, part-time program provides a strong academic foundation in the core disciplines of public health as well as opportunities for students to apply new knowledge and skills in the practice of public health.
The curriculum's focus on public health intervention development, implementation and evaluation provides students with the knowledge and skill to take leadership roles in a diverse array of population health efforts. Previous relevant graduate coursework may be considered for transfer credit. Previous public health work experience may be considered for a waiver of up to 6 internship credits.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW