Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The MS in criminology at the University at Buffalo focuses on the nature and causes of crime, characteristics and behaviors of people who commit crime and who are affected by crime, how law enforcement agencies and criminal justice systems work, how society reacts to crime, victims, and people who commit crime, and connections between crime and other social institutions (such as work, schools, media, etc.). The Criminology MS is ideal for beginning and advanced learners who plan to (or already) work in settings that require a strong background in crime or law, with associated skills in analyzing and interpreting data relevant to that discourse.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW