Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This fully accredited Masters of Library Science (MS) degree enables graduates to seek professional employment in library service in the United States. Accredited by the American Library Association, the MLS degree requires 36 credit hours at a 3.00 (B) average or better. There are 15 hours of required core courses. Concentrations are available within the MLS program. Students can prepare to be generalists or choose courses with concentrations in one or more areas: public or academic libraries, special libraries serving business, museums, law firms, etc., library media specialist, computer applications for libraries, Information storage and retrieval, media librarianship, reference services, acquisition/selection of information resources and cataloging and classification.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now