- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Contact Us
Earn your doctorate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Are you interested in exploring research questions in information science? Are you considering moving into a faculty position in the field? Do you want to enhance your leadership experience in libraries? If you answer yes to any of these questions, our doctoral program in information science is your ticket to the next phase of your career.
A PhD in information science will give you the opportunity to develop sophisticated quantitative and qualitative research skills to equip you to delve into the complex information problems facing humanity and contemporary organizations. As human interaction and cultural expression continue to be facilitated digitally, the workings of digital technologies, their impact and their uses need to be understood. Our doctoral degree in information science will provide the opportunity to study these issues in depth.
The information field is changing rapidly, and offering myriad opportunities for future scholars of information science.
- What's a doctorate degree?
- A doctorate degree usually takes four or more years to complete, unless you already have a master's degree. Doctorate degrees are very specific to a particular area of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW