Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Our literacy specialist master's program focuses on developmental reading, including study of developmental readers, reading processes, and reading instruction at the pre-school and emergent level, elementary grades and secondary grades.
Another major focus area of this program is the study of reading difficulties, including classroom and clinical assessment, evaluation, and diagnosis of reading. Through our program, you can obtain dual certifications: Literacy Specialist and 5-12 Literacy Specialist.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW