Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
UBs MS in School Librarianship program will prepare students to teach in a 21st century school library. All courses include the latest research-based, best practices occurring in the school library field.
The MS in School Librarianship degree enables graduates to seek professional employment in Pre-K-12 school libraries. The degree can be completed in four semesters with full time enrollment.
The School Librarianship program is an approved competency-based program registered by the New York State Education Department and is authorized to recommend students for certification for the Library Media Specialist, K-12 Initial Certificate. All school librarianship courses are offered online.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW