Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The online part-time MSW program offers the in-depth knowledge and skill building of our traditional program in an online format. Courses are offered in asynchronous and synchronous methods. Fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), the 60-credit hour program may be completed in three years. The entire Foundation Year coursework, besides Field Placements, can be done online.
Students design their Advanced Year study based on their interests. It's possible to do the Advanced Year entirely online across many different courses of study. All students complete field placements in their home region to help make the transition from student to social work professional. New cohorts start every Fall semester. The Advanced Standing 35-credit hour program can be completed in five semesters and starts every Spring semester.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW